Monday, December 30, 2013

SMA Day 31 of 32 - Sunday April 18 2010 – Wow, how time flies :-)




We leave SMA tomorrow. Our ride to the airport arrives @ 4:30 a.m. So will make the best of today to fill in whatever missing things we think might need filling.

First thing is filling the stomach. Oops, almost forgot. First photo is of the fireworks from late wedding party I showed photos of yesterday. I am sure a good, no, maybe great time had by all.

Breakfast as usual is seeing who will “design” my huevos de dias – eggs of the day. I think they all want to participate to make sure I don’t forget these nice people. Gloria is at the stove mixing things up. Margarita is slicing the fresh baked bread. Anjelica is slicing tomatoes. Maria-2 is squeezing oranges for juice. Maria-1 is discussing making up our final bill. Later in the day we are presented with a bill for $8,000! Whoops that is pesos, not US greenbacks. Just how much is that you ask? Go to the currency exchange. Maybe then you can realize why we stayed here for 32 days with breakfast and many friends included. :-)

I noticed as I am reviewing the photos I uploaded to Picasa site that they are mixed up a bit after photo 10 at breakfast. It shows one of the two houses we visited on today art home tour from the library. I will try to reorder them when I get back to Michigan.

I will keep the words short today and get ready for sleep – need to be up @ 4 a.m.

The photos of the “unusual house was house #2 on the tour; Ranchito Cascabel. The handout description read: “Tim Sullivan’s sculptural concrete home away from home, known to locals as Timmylandia is a sight for sore eyes.” I’ll add more detail later. I think more like something that reminds of you of the drawings in an Alice In Wonderland book. Or, you can go to website: http://flyingconcrete.com/tims.htm

Enjoy the photos. Will write more once we settle in back in Michigan :-)

Newest photo albums are on the bottom of page. View all photos @

Today's photos http://picasaweb.google.com/magwheel44/Day31Of32SMA#

Days 1 to 22 @  http://picasaweb.google.com/magwheel44/SMASemanaSanta2010#

Days 23 to 33 @   http://picasaweb.google.com/magwheel44/SMASemanaSanta20102# 

Adios – don Mariano