Monday, December 30, 2013

SMA Day 20 of 32 - Wednesday April 7 2010 – Hole-y in the wall gang?




Tried again this morning to catch the church bell ringer in action – got there a bit too late. Only got a few seconds of video on my small camera to share. Added some photos as I went back down the steep hill to our room @ Casa Liza. Some pictures show just how steep things are. What doesn’t show too well is what the birds (snowy egrets) drop on unsuspecting passerby – me one time, so far.

Some of the “stuff" does drop into the garden here, so is probably being put to good use  :-)

Here are photos of my somewhat usual breakfast. Glass of orange juice, fresh from the trees outside. Then a plate of sliced fruit; consisting of bananas, mangoes and papaya. At times, a piece of lime to squeeze juice on the fruit. This is followed by a bowl of granola with more sliced fruit and covered with yogurt and a bit of honey to sweeten.

Of course, a cup of coffee, with some fresh bread and pina (pineapple) marmalade. All this while sitting out on the patio watching the birds, to include hummingbirds. Assorted butterflies. And the smell of orange blossoms. Reminds me of the times I traveled in Florida citrus country – too sweet.

Came into the kitchen and met Gloria who prepares the food and her friends.

Later went to restaurant to see what I see in US; teenagers texting and adults trying to eat, while talking on cell and maybe using a PDA or “crack berry” to read e-mail. Guess I am spoiled. Only have my cameras to keep me occupied :-)

Went to grocery store to search for things to munch on during this weekends trip to Mexico City to visit archeological museum and Diego Rivera murals. While there, spotted some hair care products I haven't seen for awhile; Wildroot Cream Oil and Brylcreem. Since I still have shaggy stuff on top , bought a small sample to see if I can get that Antonio Banderas slick back look!

From there, a walked past the construction of new Artesana Rosewood residences on former convent property. Conveniently, some bricks are missing so I can check out what the gang is working on.

Did notice a new restaurant for us to sample. Probably walked by the place across the road dozen times and never noticed the sign. Today, smelled grilled onions and garlic – my favorites. Stopped to meet Byron who moved to SMA a year ago and opened shop about 7 months ago.

Talked to some customers as they left and said they will be back. Better food and ambience then the “La Palapa” taco pescado (fish) place across the street.

From there, back home to Corner Room. I love all the vegetation, but note in one picture, just above the balcony door is a roost of snowy egrets...mmm, not good. Then again, we are facing directly west and see some beautiful sunsets :-)





View all photos:

Today's photos @ http://picasaweb.google.com/magwheel44/Day20Of32SMA#

Days 1 to 22 @  http://picasaweb.google.com/magwheel44/SMASemanaSanta2010#

Days 23 to 33 @   http://picasaweb.google.com/magwheel44/SMASemanaSanta20102# 

Adios – don Mariano