Monday, December 30, 2013

SMA Day 24 of 32 - Sunday April 11 2010 – Doubting Tomas




Our stay in SMA is coming to a an end. Only one more week until we leave. Like Doubting Tomas in today's gospel at the Templo San Francisco church, wonder if I would have believed in the faith of the Holy Week experience if I had not seen it for myself?

With such a short time left, wonder too, what else? What next?

As always, snapping away with the digital camera. Total now over 11,000 items. Mostly photos, with some video and audio captures.

As I mentioned to a friend, thought it better to share my good fortune to be here and express my observations. I am sure we all remember the adage – a picture is worth a thousand words? Then what value are a thousand pictures? So much to see and compare to what I usually observe.

I started the day with photos at Casa Liza. The staff getting ready for the day preparing our breakfast. Martin (Martine) the gardener, brought his cute baby. Next it was to the area were guest registration takes place and I get to try for better internet connection to this laptop. Next to the place I “work on this travel blog” are some photos. One of course is of Liza Kisber, owner of Casa Liza. With her is Doc Severinson, band leader of Johnny Carson show fame. Until recently, he was playing horn at local restaurant. In his 80s, this must be the place of fountain of youth. Speaking of which is a photo of Johnny Depp and Liza’s son, Roger. Johnny and Antonio Banderas stayed @ Case Liza when making a movie – Once Upon A Time In Mexico.

Next are photos of the indoor dining area with some “eclectic” furniture by local artist Pedro Fridenberg. From there, Carol and I left for downtown area. Again, we meander about watching people and taking in what me some things that pass away too fast.

In the evening, there is a free concert of Christian music and a play about life of Jesus from a Latin America view. Although I didn’t understand much of the words, did know what message they were trying to share.

From there, back “home” around 8:30 and download and review photos and distance traveled via GPS – 5.1 miles today. Not bad considering the overall altitude 6500 feet and steep inclines of streets at times. Tomorrow – another day of adventure.

View all photos @

Today's photos http://picasaweb.google.com/magwheel44/Day24Of32SMA#

Days 1 to 22 @  http://picasaweb.google.com/magwheel44/SMASemanaSanta2010#

Days 23 to 33 @   http://picasaweb.google.com/magwheel44/SMASemanaSanta20102# 

Adios – don Mariano